Great information abounds when looking for topics on personal finance. I want to start sharing a few of the inspiring posts that I hope will be useful. As you wind down for the week, how about ramping up on your weekend reading. My goal, as always, is to keep inspiring #teamdebtfree to achieve our debt free dreams. I run across a lot of great stories and love to share. This first blog crawl (I’ve never done a bar crawl, so this will have to do) is all about saving money where you are.
1. Michelle of shopmyclosetproject.com shares my love of travel. Recently back from FinCon (a financial blogger’s conference), she‘s penned 13 ways to save money while on the road. Great tips that are very doable!
2. New to me – Levo League (gotta love Twitter) – has a great post with 10 things millennials (really anybody) should do to dump student debt faster. You all know how much I abhor student debt.
3. Can you use another $500 a year? That’s just the start. Jessi, The Budget Mama, shows you how to do so without changing your lifestyle. If you can do this, imagine what a difference this will make to your debt free program!!!
4. After encouraging you to review interest rates this week, I bumped into a great concrete example. Lindsay at One Beautiful Home, shared how she lowered her student loan rate from 9.75% to 3%. That’s real money back in your pocket. This is a must do!
5. My new online favs, the Debt Free Guys, have a great reminder of just how we can eat healthier and save green in the grocery store. Let’s keep our waistlines and bottom lines in check. Given my recent focus on fitness and better health, this one is right on time.
6. The Penny Hoarder provides a unique take on using bank rewards system to save on simple purchases.
Let me know if this is helpful and I’ll keep sharing what I find. Enjoy your weekend. Get outside & take in a bit of good cent$ reading too!